Commercial landlords and property owners have a duty of care and are legally required to ensure that the electrics in the buildings are not a danger to occupiers and visitors.
Health and safety and assessments and corrective works
Ensuring your building meets all relevant health and safety statutory requirements is imperative for commercial landlords. Our health and safety compliance teams have their fingers on the pulse of all relevant legislation and can work with you to ensure that buildings are compliant, working with our maintenance teams if required to quote for and carry out any necessary remedial work. Typically, our clients require:
- Water hygiene treatment to prevent E. coli and Legionella pneumophila
- Water, fire risk assessments, work station assessments
- Building energy assessments
- TM44 air conditioning assessments
- Compliance with relevant sections of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
- Fire compartmentalisation and fire doors
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Lightning protection installation and repairs
We’ve identified 12 areas of essential maintenance for keeping commercial property compliant and created a Happy Building Health Check. If compliance is your responsibility download it and check that your building complies.
We can help you get and remain compliant in all 12 areas. Our planned preventative maintenance (PPM) contracts ensure that our clients’ buildings are covered for all of these essentials plus preventative, reactive and emergency maintenance, keeping their buildings compliant and the tenants in them happy.
If you want to discuss your building maintenance with us and find out how we can help you to stay compliant, please do get in touch.